Mijas is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful villages in the province of Malaga on the Mediterranean coast. It is a town with a lot of charm where you can enjoy some great walks by the sea in its wonderful beaches or enjoy the streets full of whitewashed houses with flowers everywhere in a typical Andalusian architecture.
The town of Mijas has three housing areas: Mijas Costa, Mijas Pueblo and Las Lagunas where you can surely find the house of your dreams.
In Vivium Luxury Homes we offer houses for sale in Mijas with the maximum comfort for you to find just what you are looking for.
Thanks to the fact that Mijas is located more than 400 meters above sea level the views of the Mediterranean are spectacular from any point.
Mijas, a very old town
The history of Mijas dates back almost ten centuries before Christ with the arrival of Phoenicians and Greeks to the coast in search of minerals such as silver, marble or zinc. Its rich past includes a Roman period of great splendour. Then the Visigoths and the Muslims that gave rise to an area of great cultural and architectural splendour that we can still glimpse today.
What to see in Mijas
Mijas offers a lot of things to see. But if what you want is to enjoy Mijas throughout the year, its good weather will allow you to take a swim in its wonderful beaches or dedicate yourself to one of the most practiced sports in the area: golf.
Also not to be missed:
– Plaza Virgen de la Peña, the center of town with a statue of a donkey, symbol of the city.
– Calle Muro and Plaza de la Constitución, an area full of restaurants, stores and bars.
– The Paseo de la Muralla, where you will enjoy spectacular views.
– Plaza de Toros de Mijas, interesting because it is the only oval-shaped bullring in Spain.
– Church of the Immaculate Conception, built on an old Muslim mosque.
– Ermita del Calvario, where you can also enjoy a quiet walk along trails.
– Ermita de la Virgen de la Pena and Ermita de San Sebastian, two of the most beautiful churches in Mijas. The first of them carved into the rock and with the image of the patron saint of Mijas.
– Museums of Mijas, from the museum of contemporary art, to the Ethnographic or a museum of miniature objects (El Carromato).
The beaches of Mijas
The beaches of Mijas are located next to the neighbourhood of La Laguna and offer different options for you to enjoy swimming in the Mediterranean most of the year.
You can find beaches such as Buganvillas or Playa de la Butibamba, just to mention a few.
Mijas Golf Courses
If what you like is golf as a quiet sport in which to enjoy a sunny day in contact with nature in Mijas you are in luck because you have up to 12 golf courses in Mijas. We list them for you:
– Calanova Golf Club.
– Chaparral Golf Club.
– La Siesta Golf Club.
– Miraflores Golf.
– Santa Golf.
– Cerrado del Aguila Golf.
– La Noria Golf Resort.
– Mijas Golf Club – Los Olivos.
– Mijas Golf Club – Los Lagos.
– La Cala Golf – America Course.
– La Cala Golf – Asia Course.
– La Cala Golf – Europa Course.
You won’t be able to say that you can’t find your hole in Mijas.